Not just any black-chinned hummingbirds, these commandos from Oaxaca get the job done. After diving from a great height to build up speed, the bird first impales the prey, then tickles it to death with its teeny-tiny claws.
Sign up for email delivery of JHFARR.COM posts via Substack! Same content sooner with bigger photos! ⬇︎
John Hamilton Farr lives in Taos, New Mexico, U.S.A. As New York Times best-selling author James C. Moore tells it, John is “a man attuned to the world who sees it differently than you and I and writes about it with a language and a vision of life that is impossible to ignore.” See BUFFALO LIGHTS, TAOS SOUL, ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE, and THE HELEN CHRONICLES. He has been publishing online since 1996 (Zoo Zone, Farr Site, MacFaust, GRACK!, FarrFeed). This JHFARR.COM site is the master online writing archive. Links to all current sites including NFT collections at linktree. To email John, please see CONTACT INFO on About page.
SUBSCRIBE to JHFARR.COM
Current HOT POSTS
- Into the Gila January 23, 2023
- New Work and Primal Icons December 14, 2022
- Rio Grande Pivot December 14, 2022
- Attention Readers! December 14, 2022
- September in the Gap September 20, 2022
- Right Now July 27, 2022
- Trust and Other Wonders June 12, 2022
- The Deed is Done Pt. 2 May 5, 2022
- The Deed Is Done Pt. 1 April 10, 2022
- Urn Walk March 18, 2022
- Kathy Loved Canada Geese February 6, 2022