This is San Antonio Mountain (10,9o8 ft), a free-standing volcanic peak in the Taos Plateau volcanic field of the Rio Grande Rift valley. I took the telephoto shot at 5:37 p.m. Mountain Time two days ago before the big snow on Sunday. You’re looking at that weather coming here, in fact. The leading edge of whatever, the thing that snowed that night. The peak is about forty-five miles in a straight line from Ranchos de Taos. It’s a very spooky place.
↓ Sign up for free email delivery of most JHFARR.COM posts ↓
(PLUS exclusive photo content from my Substack newsletter!)
John Hamilton Farr lives in Taos, New Mexico, U.S.A. As New York Times best-selling author James C. Moore tells it, John is “a man attuned to the world who sees it differently than you and I and writes about it with a language and a vision of life that is impossible to ignore.” See BUFFALO LIGHTS, TAOS SOUL, ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE, and THE HELEN CHRONICLES. He has been publishing online since 1996 (Zoo Zone, Farr Site, MacFaust, GRACK!, FarrFeed). This JHFARR.COM site is the master online writing archive. Links to all current sites including NFT collections at linktree. To email John, please see CONTACT INFO on About page.
SUBSCRIBE to JHFARR.COM
- September in the Gap September 20, 2022
- Right Now July 27, 2022
- Trust and Other Wonders June 12, 2022
- The Deed is Done Pt. 2 May 5, 2022
- The Deed Is Done Pt. 1 April 10, 2022
- Urn Walk March 18, 2022
- Kathy Loved Canada Geese February 6, 2022
- For Kathy December 26, 2021
- Reading Angel Minds November 19, 2021
- Allowing Everything October 18, 2021
- After the Emptiness September 15, 2021