This one’s from yesterday. I was falling apart from the cold and snow and how we couldn’t get the car out—or was that this morning? All the days begin to feel the same in single digits! But when I walked out to scrape the windshield, something shifted. The frozen powder snow fell off the windows when I touched it. Ten degrees with no wind in the sun at seven thousand feet was almost comfy and glory lay all around. I just give up, you know? I just give up.
↓ Sign up for free email delivery of most JHFARR.COM posts ↓
(PLUS exclusive photo content from my Substack newsletter!)
John Hamilton Farr lives in Taos, New Mexico, U.S.A. As New York Times best-selling author James C. Moore tells it, John is “a man attuned to the world who sees it differently than you and I and writes about it with a language and a vision of life that is impossible to ignore.” See BUFFALO LIGHTS, TAOS SOUL, ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE, and THE HELEN CHRONICLES. He has been publishing online since 1996 (Zoo Zone, Farr Site, MacFaust, GRACK!, FarrFeed). This JHFARR.COM site is the master online writing archive. Links to all current sites including NFT collections at linktree. To email John, please see CONTACT INFO on About page.
SUBSCRIBE to JHFARR.COM
- September in the Gap September 20, 2022
- Right Now July 27, 2022
- Trust and Other Wonders June 12, 2022
- The Deed is Done Pt. 2 May 5, 2022
- The Deed Is Done Pt. 1 April 10, 2022
- Urn Walk March 18, 2022
- Kathy Loved Canada Geese February 6, 2022
- For Kathy December 26, 2021
- Reading Angel Minds November 19, 2021
- Allowing Everything October 18, 2021
- After the Emptiness September 15, 2021