Real Taos #1

Real Taos poster

You can have this as a greeting card, too. Hilarious!

Behold my latest creation, the first image from a poster series I’ve launched. The “Real Taos” posters, photos, art prints, and cards will be available at my Redbubble store first and later at other online stores. Right now there’s just the one, but ain’t it grand? (This same image, without the text, is available in landscape orientation for every conceivable fine art format at SmugMug and was originally posted here.)

It gave me a great deal of pleasure to conceive and produce this. In an age where everyone with a cell phone is a photographer (sort of), how is one to stand out? We’re drowning in digital images, after all. I decided to just be myself and make a statement. Do exactly what I wanted to do, take a single photo and make a poster of it. There will be more, obviously.

I love this picture. The leaning television antenna at top left is a special touch.

• christian ienni September 1, 2014, 10:49 PM

i love how the formatting on this page works too – you click on the link, there’s “Real Taos”, the house with the askew antenna, the dirt road, you scroll down and BAM! the Infamous Elk’s Head!! 😀

heh, i’d forgotten about that…

• Carmel Glover September 1, 2014, 11:07 PM

I’m afraid the elk’s head makes me cringe.

• JHF September 2, 2014, 8:16 AM

Of course!

• Carmel Glover September 3, 2014, 2:00 AM

Yeah … but I wouldn’t want a poster on the wall that made me cringe.

• JHF September 3, 2014, 7:45 AM

Well, there’s just no accounting for taste. I’d love it! 🙂 But maybe you’ll like the others. I spent some time last night looking over some beauties. More soon!

• christian ienni September 1, 2014, 11:12 PM

i love it! (but i have a dark, sick sense of humor 🙂 )
    it’s the cherry on top that just screams “Welcome to Scenic Taos!” this should be part of the NM tourism board campaign! 😉

• Bob September 2, 2014, 12:05 AM

This brings to mind an old saying…”Don’t shit where you sleep.”

• JHF September 2, 2014, 8:15 AM

Well, that’s no fun! Is that what the Chamber of Commerce knee-breakers say? 🙂 They won’t all be like this one, anyway. But the profane and the transcendental side-by-side is the essence of Taos, more than any place I’ve ever been. The shadow is always right out in the open, never hidden. That’s one reason it’s so tense here.