Accidental Capture

birds in snow

iPhone 6s Plus shot w/digital zoon, tweaked in Photoshop

All I was doing was taking a quick shot of why I was about to go out and feed the birds, and then this happened. Look carefully!

Basically what I did today was try to keep the birds fed, can you imagine? And watch the news—I found a couple sites where I can stream MSNBC for free on my laptop or my phone, of course, which means I can put an itty-bitty teevee on the counter while I eat my lunch. Just ask me anything.

It started snowing at 3:00 a.m., I’m told, and went on for twelve more hours. We ended up with about a foot on level ground, if you can find any, and quite a bit more on the lee side of the hills and such. It’s a serious snow. I’ll be shoveling tomorrow to make a path to the vehicles and try to get out with the Dakota.

• Rita January 11, 2019, 11:31 PM

very cool

• Carolfrombatonrouge January 11, 2019, 11:55 PM

I see it. So cool. I haven’t posted in awhile. Moved to northern Mississippi. Love ya !!

• Mary Martin January 12, 2019, 5:08 AM

What a cool shot!

• Carolfrommississippi January 12, 2019, 8:07 AM

I see it. So cool. I haven’t posted in awhile. Moved to northern Mississippi.

• Catherine Naylor January 12, 2019, 2:22 PM

Wow! If I were a kid, I’d love these snow piles. I’d throw myself into one! Then make a snowman with friends and dress him with a cap, and something thick around his neck.
    But today? I sit in my warm home and look at the beauty of Mother Nature outside. I’m grateful for roof over my head.

• Manuel Ruiz January 23, 2019, 7:55 AM

Noticed that you had found a couple of sites where you can stream MSNBC. I have looking for same sites with no luck. Can you share what sites you found? Thanks
    PS Up in Northern Wisconsin having same weather today.