Weird New Mexico

View from Taos Valley Overlook

Two gorges and a bunch of dead volcanoes

What the hell is this? Where are the people? What are all those funny colors? What’s that long thing in the middle? What happened to the grass? What’s that pointy thing in the background? How deep is that hole? Are there rattlesnakes? Does anybody live out there? Who does this belong to? Where do you buy groceries? Is this even in America?

»Buy This Photo!«

• Carmel Glover December 9, 2013, 1:37 AM

That’s all very well, but aren’t you supposed to be writing a novel?

• JHF December 9, 2013, 9:33 AM

Right. That’s why this is so short and crappy. I’m trying to keep the content churning so as not to “disappear” while I work on bigger things. Not exactly working, is it? Aarghh.

• M.J. December 9, 2013, 8:44 PM

I think it’s beautiful! God’s creation! I even like it better not cluttered up with people or their junk! Don’t worry, people that are creative have a hard time staying on their project! It’s ok to multi-task. My best work is usually after a lot of procrastination! It looks like a lot of cold days ahead so you may have lots of opportunities to write.

• JHF December 10, 2013, 1:40 PM

What a great comment! Thank you mucho.

• GPC December 12, 2013, 7:22 AM

How deep is that hole? From an old visitor who stayed on the east coast, but managed to blow up my previous life anyway..

• JHF December 12, 2013, 8:06 AM

That’s right, no necessity to emigrate involved in that procedure. 🙂

The hole—the Rio Grande Gorge—is around 800 feet deep for most of the stretch you see here. Less in places, obviously. In front and harder to make out in this view is a shallower canyon where the Rio Pueblo flows.

Be the first to hear of new books! I won't contact you for any other reason. More information here.

Author Action Links

Contact me via email
Follow me on Twitter + Instagram
View my Amazon Author Page
Visit my video channel at YouTube
Buy website photos at SmugMug