Taos Sunday Video

Ah, February…

Yes folks, another “real Taos” video from FarrFeed. This time I added an improvised resophonic bouzouki soundtrack, and I mean improvised–hadn’t touched it in weeks, no warm-up. For this go-around, I was only testing the mic placement and levels, but the test recording fit just fine in more ways than one, I think you’ll agree. For the record, I used a Kodak Zi6 video cam, a Sony MZ-R50 mini-disc recorder with binaural mics taped to the edge of my desk, the latest version of iMovie, and Amadeus Pro.

Taos in February, on the far edge of town…

• zoukboy February 21, 2010, 11:34 PM

You a Bad MoFo, Meester Juan! Bad!

• JHF February 21, 2010, 11:42 PM

¡Ola ZoukBoy!

Hey, I’m just getting warmed up. Gotta go slow. If I ever start having real fun, the earth will split asunder from sheer surprise!

• carolfrombatonrouge February 22, 2010, 12:07 PM

Luv it!!!
    That put the cheer in a gloomy day….I’m danzin’

• JHF February 22, 2010, 12:18 PM

Danz away! Geez, it’s snowing like crazy here now. We already have half a foot of wet snow…

• carolfrombatonrouge February 22, 2010, 12:48 PM

We have had two “snowzzzz” this year.
    zzzzzzz….as in slept through them.
    1″ and 1 1/2 “….both gone gone in a day
    I miss not having definite seasons.

• Steve Ingham February 22, 2010, 3:10 PM

We have had the WEIRDEST Winter in Years in Okieland….usually a couple of snow storms a year….then mild the rest of the time. THIS winter it has been Non-Stop Blizzards…with the rest of the time Extremely Cold (for these parts) and Constantly Wet! Cold, Grey and Dreary does NOT do much good for the Soul or Spirit!
    At least I have your Foto’s to help me through….AND – by the way, to me, some of the birds at your feeder appear to be Canadian Snowbirds…(black with greyish white bellies??) we get them here, too. Just my thoughts on things…and Thanks TOO MUCH! : )
    Steve in Stillwater…….

• JHF February 22, 2010, 4:50 PM

Steve, I believe the birds you’re seeing are juncos. We have at least two kinds here, and I see my dictionary also calls them “snowbirds.” Hmm.

• GD Armstrong February 23, 2010, 4:28 PM

Sound good! I didn’t realize that reso zouks could be used for snow removal!

• JHF February 23, 2010, 4:31 PM

There is nothing a reso zouk can’t do!